Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rice Grain with Name in a Bottle

  

I saw that one of my friends had a cell phone charm of a tiny bottle with a tiny flower and rice grain with her name on it in the bottle. It was the cutest thing I've seen! I asked her to help me order one from the website she ordered hers from but then I had an epiphany! I remembered that I had a fairly small glass bottle that has a loop at the top to have it attach to a chain. I quickly searched for a tiny flower in my front yard, luckily I had some weeds growing in the planter strip, cut a flower, found a nicely shaped grain of rice, got a fine tipped Sharpie, and wrote "CHEL" because "Chelsea" wouldn't fit, I plopped them into the bottle, asked my dad from some clear oil and he found me some mineral oil and then... TA DA! I had my very own, homemade, rice grain with my name in a bottle necklace! All I need to do is take a trip to my local craft store and purchase a few bottles and start a business!

No comments:

Post a Comment