This is a new trend in home remedies and has be proven to work on certain skin conditions. What you want to do is place small amounts of toothpaste onto the sight of the breakout and leave overnight for full results. In the morning, rub off as much of the dry paste as possibly then wash your face. Do not over apply so do this every other day or your skin will begin to dry out, also moisturize your skin after with an oil-free moisturizer. Toothpaste as an acne treatment actually works! This acne solution is much cheaper than real acne products and may work just as well. Trust me it works! I've only been doing it for about 3 days now and my skins looks great. It is much less red and fresh bumps that come up go down the next morning when I put the toothpaste on them. I just hope it'll keep working and will work on my bad breakouts.
A word of caution...
If you decide that toothpaste and acne is a partnership you want to try out, follow some basic tips:
- use a normal white toothpaste – NOT a gel variety
- choose a toothpaste with minimal additives (whitening chemicals and fluoride can cause burning or further irritation)
- DON’T rub the toothpaste into your skin – simply dab a small amount over the pimple to cover it and the surrounding area
- do not leave toothpaste on your face over night
- find the right toothpaste – Crest is known to burn, whereas Aquafresh and Colgate are highly recommended by toothpaste and acne advocates