Monday, January 16, 2012

The Instyler Sucks

 
All the buzz about the Instyler is good buzz, but it is all fake! I recently purchased an Instyler to see how well it worked. Luckily it was on sale, $70 instead of it's usual 100 bucks. Well the thing isn't even worth 30 dollars. It says you can use it while your hair is still damp, DON'T do that if you have one. It just makes it frizzy. I've also tried it with completely dry hair and it doesn't get it the way I like it with my normal straightener. Plus the "rolling heat barrel" is a total hazard!  It comes with a plastic guard that clips on but it is still too risky because you might grab or touch the barrel. I burned my neck with it because I thought I didn't need the guard, but I guess that's my fault. And the styling booklet is no help at all. I tried to make curls and it is just way too much work. Plus if you have thick hair like mine then you should just give it away as a gift like I did because this thing HATES thick hair. I gave mine to my sister who has thinner, straight hair. I suggest not purchasing one if you ever had the urge to and if you have one and you don't like it, sell it so some poor sap online for full price or give it to a friend.

P.S The thing makes so much noise.

2 comments:

  1. As someone who straightens their hair on a near daily basis I would royalty agree. I have thick curly hair (as you know) and the instyler does not work on mine either! It makes it wavy at best. It is worst then my $20 drug store one..... so not worth it. I returned mine and bought a good one. - Josh G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! haha This just validates my argument over the instyler!

    ReplyDelete