Here's an easy recipe to make a hairspray for beachy waves! Since summer break is sneaking up it's the perfect time to start your summer time hair dos. This hairspray will help create bouncy hair that looks like it's been kissed my ocean mist! It's also great to use to spruce up your messy beach hair to make it more defined or to just pretend like you've been at the beach all day and have the hair to "prove" it.
- 1 cup of hot water (not boiling)- Can also use strong Chamomile Tea as the base if you want to lighten hair or black tea as the base if you want to darken hair, but you will need to keep in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons epsom salts (or more for extra texture)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt (optional but adds stiffness- I get it here)
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel (I get it here)
- 1/2 tsp conditioner (I’ve used this Organix coconut one and Dr. Bronners Lavender Coconut ) or a few drops of almond oil or jajoba oil
- optional: a few drops of essential oils or a spritz of your favorite perfume for scent- Lavender and citrus are great options
- optional: 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vodka or alcohol- if you want to lighten hair (the lemon juice lightens and the alcohol preserves)